Monday, July 5, 2010

My Cousin's Having a Baby!

So my cousin Cayla is having a baby. She's only 4 months older than I am and I just can't believe it. What's with people? Haha. But I'm so excited. I can't wait. I wish I lived closer. We live almost 7 hours away, but trust me, I'll be visiting that baby as much as possible. And my cousin, of course. :)

This 4th of July weekend we went to visit, as usual, and Cayla had her baby shower. She's due in August and I think the timing worked out pretty well. My aunt planned out an amazing shower for her. Lots of people invited, games, food, and she even rented out a hotel conference room for it. Ha. And she asked me to make the cake. I love cake. I love baking. And while my thing is usually cupcakes, I'm never one to turn down a chance to bake. So I did. It was my first time with fondant and I can't believe it turned out so well! I'm crazy proud of this cake and I can't believe my aunt gave me the chance to do it AND all the supplies. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment